1. To make Circle Cards, cut 14 cards size 6 cm square. Write
START on one, then the following instructions on the other 13, one
instruction to a card -
Make 2 of these instructions - Turn over 2, Turn over 3, Turn over 4,
Turn over 5.
Make 5 of this instruction - Turn over any card
Form cards into a Pack and use 2 rubber bands to secure.
2. To make Pick-Up-Pack, cut 19 cards size 8 x 5 cm and write
instructions on cards as
Make 2 of these instructions - Move token 1 space, Move token 2
spaces, Move token 3 spaces,
Move token 4 spaces, Turn over No. 2 card, Turn over No. 3
card, Turn over No. 4 card, Turn over
No. 5 card, Turn over any card.
Write Miss This Turn on 1 card. Form cards into a
Pack and use 2 rubber bands to secure.
3. To make Playing Tokens, draw around a coin on card four times then
choose four colors and
decorate circles using one color for each.
4. To make 4 sets of 5 Verse Cards (one set for each player), cut 20
cards size 8 x 4 cm and
write the Bible references on four of the cards. Use
a different color for the words of each set.
Spread out the Bible verse words on the other 4 cards for each set of
Verse Cards -
John 1 : 36 Jesus is the Lamb of God
John 1 : 41 Jesus is the Messiah, the Christ
John 1 : 49 Jesus is the Son of God
John 3 : 13 Jesus is the Son of Man
Write the numbers from 2 to 5 on the backs of these cards, one number
to each card - for
example, "Jesus is" will have no. 2 on the back of that
Keeping each set of 5 cards separate, form the cards into 4 packs and
secure using rubber bands.
5. Label a box or bag and type out Playing Instructions then
place these along with all the other
game items as above in the container, and label "Jesus Is" in
John's Gospel Game.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Shuffle Circle Cards and place face up in circle on playing
2. Shuffle Pick-Up-Pack cards and place face down as a Pack in
center of circle.
3. Give each player the choice of a set of Verse Cards.
Players place the Bible Reference Card face up at their left in front
of them, then the other four cards - number side up - in a line beside
4. Give players a colored playing token each to match their
chosen set of cards. Players place these tokens on the START card.
5. Players have turns to lift the top card from the Pick-Up-Pack
then follow instructions on
that, moving Playing Token in either direction around card circle.
6. Player places card showing instruction at bottom of Pack, and
turn is over.
7. Remove START card when all tokens have left it.
8. The first player to turn over all the Verse Cards in his or
set of cards wins, and the game is
9. Players turn over all their Verse Cards and have turns to
read their verses.