LET'S PLAY BIBLE JEOPARDY!
1. Who was the strongest man in the Bible? He tore a lion apart with his bare hands. He pushed down the pillars of a temple
burying himself and about 3,000 Philistines alive. (Samson)
2. Who was the wisest man in the Bible? He asked God for an understanding mind instead of money, power, or a long life.
God granted him a wise mind, as well as money, power, and a long life. (Solomon)
3. Who were the most fireproof men in the Bible? Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, erected a golden idol. These three men refused
to worship it. The angry king had them thrown into a fiery furnace. It was heated to seven times its normal temperature.
However, God protected them, and they did not burn. (Shadrach, Meshach, and AbedNego.)
4. This man was "full of faith and power." He performed "great wonders and signs among the people." One day he preached a
sermon, and was stoned to death for it. He is the first Christian martyr. (Stephen).
5. This king was the richest in the Bible. He received money from tribute, taxes, and trade. His country was so rich that silver was
said to be as common as stones in Jerusalem. (Solomon)
1. Jesus and his disciples came to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Passover. As Jesus rode into the city, many people
came out to greet Him. They laid their garments on the road, waved palm tree branches, and called out to him, "Hosanna!".
What do we call this day? (Palm Sunday)
2. What was the name of the disciple that betrayed Jesus in the garden with a kiss? (Judas Iscariot)
3. How can we call the day that Jesus was crucified "Good Friday"? (Because he died for our sins so that we will have eternal life.)
4. Early Easter morning some women went to Jesus' grave to anoint his body with oil and spices. What happened next?
(He was resurrected. When Mary Magdalene and the other women arrived there, the stone had been rolled away and Jesus' body was gone. Jesus told Mary
Magdalene to tell the disciples that He would see them soon.)
5. The Jewish rulers took Jesus to the Roman governor. They told him that Jesus must die because He said He was the Son of God
and the King of the Jews. What was the name of the Roman Governor? (Pontius Pilate)
1. Why is the Bible not a book? (It is many books.) The word, 'Bible' comes from a Greek word Biblia which means, "books".
2. What is the shortest verse in the Bible? ("Jesus wept.") John 11:35
3. How many books are in the Bible? (There are 66 books in the Bible with 35 authors. A Bible is sort of like a library of books.)
4. What is the longest chapter in the Bible? (Psalm 119, it has 176 verses)
5. What is the shortest book in the Bible? (2 John, it has only 13 verses)
6. The Bible has now been translated into many languages. It can be read in nearly half of the 5,445 languages of the world.
a. The Old Testament was originally written in what language? (Hebrew)
b. The New Testament was originally written in what language? (Greek and Aramaic-one or both answers count.)
7. How many words are there in the Bible? (773,692 words.) It would take you 70 hours to read the whole
1. What is the name of this book in the Bible that got its name because it contains so many numbers?
2. The Bible uses this number to teach that God is one, and that He is the only God. Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the
Father are one. (The number 1)
3. This number is often linked with the idea of perfection and completion. General Naaman had to dip himself into the Jordan
this many times. The priests and soldiers marched around Jericho this many times.
(The number 7)
4. This is the number of tribes of Israel and the number of disciples. (The number 12).
5. This is the number given to the beast in Revelation 13:18. The author of Revelation says this beast is powerful, deceitful, and
able to perform miracles, but he does not reveal his identity. (The number is 666).
6. This special number often means God is about to usher in some new event or era. The rain during the flood lasted this many
days. Jesus fasted in the wilderness for this many days. (The number 40)
OLD TESTAMENT MEN
1.a Who is the oldest person in the Bible? (Methuselah). Genesis 5:27
1.b For extra points, how old was he? ( 969)
2. Who was the fattest man in the Old Testament? (Eglon, King of Moab).
3. Who put on a goatskin disguise? This smooth-skinned man tricked his father into giving him
the blessing that had been saved for his hairy elder brother Esau by putting goatskins on his hands and part of his
neck. (Jacob) Genesis 27:1-40
4. This was one of the most talented men in the Bible. He was a super strong shepherd. He killed a lion with his
bare hands. He composed music and wrote poems. He killed a giant. He was Israel's most successful king.
(King David) 1 Samuel 17
5. One of the Old Testament judges wanted God to tell him that he would save Israel. To find out, he put a fleece outside
overnight. If there was dew on the fleece but not on the ground, the answer was yes. He got his answer but he still
was not sure. He then asked for dew to be on the ground but not on the fleece. This happened to whom?
(Gideon) Judges 6:36-40.
1. What is the city on the hill? It is also called the city of peace. It sat on Palestine's high mountain ridge about 2,500 feet above
sea level. It was not good for farming and did not have enough water, but it did lay in the path of a major trade route.
2. What was the mountain of the Ten Commandments? While Moses was on the mountain "the people witnessed the
thunderings, the lightning, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off."
3. What is the name of the mountain where Jesus loved to pray? When Jesus was near Jerusalem he liked to pray on this mountain.
He was arrested there. (The Mount of Olives)
4. What were considered to be the two most wicked cities? (Sodom and Gomorrah)
5. What was the name of the hill of Jesus' crucifixion? Outside the walls of Jerusalem on this hill--called "place of a
skull"-- Jesus was crucified. (Golgotha)
* Editor's Note: Special thanks goes to Colleen Volstad, mother of Kyle, one of my Sunday School students,
for making this game available to our class, and now for the world to use! Thanks Colleen!
Become a Ministry
Support Partner! Click
Return To Bible Games Page