Read Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:1-4 (The KJV includes the last line of the prayer.)
Prayer is talking to God and then listening to his direction, guided by his Word. He wants us to talk to him—to be our closest friend.
There are six key elements to the Lord’s Prayer. This God-centered and God-directed outline will help you to teach this prayer to children and adults:
1) God Directed: “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
2) God's Will: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
3) God's Provisions: Give us this day our daily bread.
4) God's Forgiveness: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
5) God's Protection: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
6) God's Kingdom Praise: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.”
Learn more about teaching the Lord's Prayer to children, or sample our Bible lessons now.
You can make a
Your purchases and donations to the site help to distribute our children's ministry resources to churches across the world.