So how do we do it? How can we be encouraged, and how do we become encouragers? True encouragement grows out of a deep faith-walk with God and one another. It requires our time and selfless devotion. It seeks to lift up and heal, helping others grow closer to God, so they can press on in their faith and be better suited for serving in God’s kingdom. There are dozens of Bible verses that train us to be encouragers. May these sampling of Scriptures encourage you today!
- Jesus, our Hope, encourages us. (Heb. 6:18, 2 Thess. 2:17)
- Salvation encourages us. (1 Thess. 5:8-11)
- The Holy Spirit encourages us. (Acts 9:31)
- The faith of others encourages us. (Acts 11:23, 28:15, Ro. 1:12, Phil. 1:14, 1 Thess. 3:7)
- Fellowship with believers encourages us. (Phil. 2:1, Heb. 10:25)
- The truth of Scripture encourages us. (1 Co. 14:31, Phil. 1:14, Tim. 4:2-5, Titus 1:9)
- Serving God encourages us. (2 Chron. 35:2)
- Anticipating the Lord’s coming encourages us. (1 Thess. 4:18)
(I encourage you to look up the rest of them!)
“Dear Jesus, during this season of Lent, help me to give up discouraging words and seek to encourage others daily! Amen.”
Copyright 2011 - S.A. Keith
Teach a lesson on Encouragement to kids.
Are you receiving the benefits of
Premium Support? Click
here to learn more.
Check out our Bible
Curriculum for kids.
Send your Lenten devotional to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we publish it, you'll have the option to post your name, email and
website, if you so choose.